Monday, January 31, 2011

Que Bueno

Well, I figured it would be time to write again, seeing as it has been a few days.
Last time we talked, I've had a big long weekend of great successes :)
Lets catch up:

1) Thursday: Kapital... again, obviously. My goal at Kapital was to have someone to dance with me because last time... well lets just say I sucked at dancing and all I attracted were dull men with mullets. This time, I did get someone to dance with me, so mission complete. LISA GAPINSKE is finally in Spain with me, but she ended up going to another club that night. No worries though, we'll be out partying together in no time. It was a lot less full this time around, but I got to socialize with the girls a little bit more which was cool. We went home pretty early, around 3, and then got ready because the next day we had...

2) SEGOVIA!
Troy organized a day trip for us to Segovia, which is an hour and some change away from where we are in Madrid. We had to be at the bus station around 9 to catch the bus and we got there around 11. I slept on the way because I was tired from being at Kapital, and when I woke up THERE WAS SNOW! We were up in the mountains and it was snowing bug chunky flakes of snow! Good think I had layered up! We walked around there all afternoon, seeing the beautiful sights and taking in the ancient city. its amazing that there is anything modern in a place so antique, and I can't believe that there are people that live there and get to see it every day. I highly recommend you going to see it for yourself because its hard to describe in words. After a long cold day of walking around and getting lost, we headed home.

3) I went out with my brothers after Segovia, and I'd made more new friends and hung out with some older ones. I had talked to Charlie a few weeks back and showed him a video of my horse. He kept commenting on how long his tail is and saying I needed to cut it. I told him I refused to and he kept pushing it. Then, he asked what my horses name was and I told him Shaggy. He asked why and I said because he has a lot of hair. His response was "Well cut the tail and maybe he can be Scooby Doo!". Charlie was full of it that night, and for the record, the expression "I have two left feet" does NOT exist in Spain, because he confessed to me that he had been looking at my feet all night trying to see if it was true.

4)Saturday was a lazy day, and I hadn't planned on doing anything that night until Dinner, when my brother told me I should come with them. They had 2 parties to go to but it was forecasted to be a pretty chill night... I should have known better =P
Starting at one bar, we had some drinks and when that bar closed we went to another. When that bar closed I hopped onto a Motorbike with a friend who looks EXACTLY like Bill Hader (and talks like him doing his Vinnie Vedecci voice) and went to Pantera, a disco that more or less is for really rebellious teenagers. The music was AWFUL, save for the songs by Nirvana and Beastie Boys, but we stayed there and danced until it closed at 6. From there, My brothers, Dani, Pablito and Charlie went off and had breakfast, which involved another few rounds of beers, and before we knew it it was 9am. We walked to Charlie and Pablitos and crashed there for the night. Once we woke up, we took the metro home and picked up where we left off with beer and great music videos. Dani kept playing Jimmy Cliff, and when the other guys came over (including Quique and Francisco this time) I was introduced to essential Spanish music, and also Quique's Gemelo -- Pitingo.

If you're looking to hear some great Spanish rock music, check out the bands Extremoduro, and Estopa. They're my favorites right now. Great stuff.

GEMELO UPDATE:
So as I mentioned before, I have officially met Spanish Bill Hader. His name is Tallo, and he can really bust a move when he's drunk. But the BIG news is that today I HAVE COMPLETED THE RYAN SEACREST MISSION!!!!! He was sitting by the door of my chocolate sandwhich bar, and I freaked out when I saw him there :) I'm eagerly awaiting the next mission from Jay, so I will let you know who I will be looking for next, but to be honest it has been a great week for dopplegangers :)

Well, I'm gonna finish watching True Blood and head to bed :)
HASTALUEGO (or "tago" as you're supposed to say it... whatevs =P)

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you started a blog. I loved blogging while I was in France. Now that you have completed the Ryan Seacrest mission, I've posted the next one on your facebook already but I'll post it here for good measure.

    Ahh! You must take pictures haha.

    Alright, your next mission, if you so choose to accept it, is to find a Spanish Joel McHale.

    It seemed like the obvious next choice, as we seem to being going with the theme of good TV. This time, I challenge you to take una foto.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember in Segovia when Clara didn't get enough sleep the night before and was basically insane... good times, good times.

    "If I were a rich man... Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum..."

    Clara

    ReplyDelete